Pages

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

 I wanted to say hello before the week slipped away -- do you realize that Daylight Savings Time is this Sunday?

I've been busier than usual these last few days, but I always find a little time to relax with needle and thread.

This shabby flower was inspired by Julie Arkell. There's something about her flowers and brooches that really appeals to me. And what better way to use up scraps of old quilts.

So in the spirit of "spring forward" this Sunday.....





 Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

4 comments:

  1. What a neat idea. Shabby flowers! Can't you just imagine a whole bouquet of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:13 a.m.

    I love the flower - it's gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of Julie Arkell :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so cute! and a reminder of flowery days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty and perfect for spring, Colette. It would make a beautiful gift for someone at Easter, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.